Most likely your staff work well on a day to day basis but there will be times, often unforeseen, when you may face complex staffing issues that need to be handled carefully and within the law, that will take up a lot of your time and resources.
Or, you may be about to employ your first member of staff and have no idea where to start and what your obligations are, or what documentation you need to provide them – read more here.
Talk to the HR Kiosk – we can help employers in the Creative Industries with:
- Legal compliance – Working Time Regulations, National Minimum/Living Wage, Contracts of Employments, SSP, Redundancies and Dismissals, how the GDPR affects your relationship with your staff and keeping their records. And of course all elements of employing staff through the Coronavirus pandemic.
- Taking on your first Employee – Employee Status (are they a worker, employee or freelance?); help with Recruitment (Job Adverts, Job descriptions, to ensure you stay within Equality Laws and GDPR); making job offers; checking employees’ right to work in the UK; employee rights and benefits.
- Working with Freelancers and Contractors – with our TV/Radio/Media background we have extensive knowledge in this area and can provide advice about IR35 and provide Contracts and Agreements for Freelancers, Casual Workers and appropriate Zero-Hours Contracts – read more here. Read our advice on how to attract and work with Freelancers here.
- Terms and conditions, all types of Contracts and Agreements, Employee Handbooks, Policies and Procedures (and we will advise you what policies/procedures you must have legally).
- Keeping you up to date with important employment law changes.
- Redundancy procedures, consultation and implementation; changing terms and conditions; ending contracts.
- Guidance on maternity, adoption, paternity, flexible working requests.
- Managing performance, attendance and sickness (including entitlement to SSP for casual/zero-hours workers).
- Managing and handling conflicts, bullying and harassment, grievances and disciplinaries. In 2021, Respect at Work is currently a big topic in the TV and Film Industries.
- Managing employees out of your workforce through a Settlement Agreement.
How The HR Kiosk can help You – The HR Kiosk offers you the following solutions:
that are tailored to your business needs. From £140 plus VAT. See more details here. Or
An hourly rate service
when you need advice or help, on a pay-as-you-go basis, via e-mail or phone. Or
A ‘retained’ annual support service that includes –
Access to HR advice by phone or e-mail, on a priority basis, when you need it.
An initial legal compliance ‘healthcheck’ – we will review your existing employment documents and processes and update them or provide what you need.
Legal updates – as employment law changes we will let you know how this may affect your business, in plain English.
Regular reviews to discuss how you are using and finding the service, what your ongoing business issues are and how any future changes will impact on your business.
Our Helpline details:
E-mail us with your queries at any time or telephone us between 9.30am – 5.00pm Monday-Friday (excluding public holidays and weekends) to receive full, practical advice – we may not be able to respond to your query straight away, as we have a full Client list, but we will respond by the next business day, where possible.
Contact us for a no-obligation chat about how we could support your creative business and we can arrange a suitable time to phone you back.