Effective: May 2018 to reflect GDPR requirements (EU General Data Protection Regulations)
The HR Kiosk – GDPR compliant
Our website and its owners take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. This website complies with all UK national laws and EU requirements for user privacy (GDPR).
What are cookies?
Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computer’s hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
Should users wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website onto their computer’s hard drive, they should take necessary steps within their web browser’s security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
Whilst using our website or services, you may be required to provide personal information (name, email, business name, telephone number). We will use this information to administer our website and client databases. Further, by providing telephone and email details, you consent to The HR Kiosk contacting you using that method.
We do not use this information to send marketing material (we don’t do marketing!). When you send us your contact details we store this within our own e-mail system (and website if you have subscribed to our newsletter) so that we are able to respond to you. We will only send you our newsletter if you have asked to subscribe to receive this (and you can unsubscribe at any time).
We will ensure that all personal information supplied is held securely in accordance with the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679), as adopted into law of the United Kingdom in the Data Protection Act 2018.
You have the right at any time to request a copy of the personal information we hold on you. Should you wish to receive a copy of this, or would like to be removed from our database, please contact us here.
Information collection and use
We collect information when you give it directly to us (“Directly Provided Data”):
When you sign up for our site, purchase our services or communicate with us, you may choose to voluntarily give us certain information – for example, by filling in text boxes or completing registration forms or payment details. All this information requires a direct action by you at that time in order for us to receive it.
Who we share information with?
The HR Kiosk will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information, gathered as a result of filling out our websites contact form or newsletter subscriber form, or any form of contact with us, to anyone. Your data will not be transferred outside of the European Union.
The HR Kiosk may share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances as follows:
- Compliance with laws. We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith and belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce our agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our clients, or others.
How long do we keep your data for?
The HR Kiosk will not retain your personal information longer than necessary. We will hold onto the information you provide us for as long as is needed to be able to provide the Services to you. The HR Kiosk will generally keep your data for no longer than 3 years.
If legally required or if it is reasonably necessary to meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our Terms and Conditions, we may also retain some of your information for a limited period of time as required, even after it is no longer needed to provide the Services to you.
You can choose how we use your data
We understand that you trust us with your personal information and we are committed to ensuring you can manage the privacy and security of your personal information yourself.
With respect to the information relating to you that ends up in our possession, and recognising that it is your choice to provide us with your personally identifiable information, we commit to giving you the ability to do all of the following:
- You can verify the details you have submitted to by contacting us here. Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we reveal information, including your e-mail address and possibly your address.
- You can also contact us by the same method to change, correct, update or delete your personal information controlled by The HR Kiosk regarding your profile at any time. Please note though that, if you have shared any information with others through social media channels, that information may remain visible, even if your account is deleted.
- You can unsubscribe from receiving newsletters from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the newsletter email. Once you do this, you will no longer receive any emails from us.
- You can request a readable copy of the personal data we hold on you at any time. To do this, please contact us here.