With a large of amount of employment legislation in the UK, Employers need to provide their staff with certain documents to stay within the law:
A Contract of Employment (or a written Statement of Terms and Conditions) for Employees – this must be provided, legally, within 2 months of the Employee starting work with you.
Ideally a basic contract for any Workers you employ so that it is clear to everyone how often and how long you are offering them work for, what they will be paid, their holiday entitlement and notice periods (at a minimum).
And ideally a contract for the Freelancers you employ so the main terms of their engagement and the reasons for their engagement are clear and there is no ambiguity in terms of pay, length of contract, notice periods, ability to terminate the engagement early.
First, you need to be sure of the employment ‘status’ of the people you employ, to ensure you provide them with what they should have – read our article here A guide for small business owners, what documents you need when employing staff!
The HR Kiosk can help you with these documents – we can either:
provide the ‘basic’ set of documents you need for your first Employee (see the 2 packages below)
or review and update any existing documents you have and advise you what you must have (and what is ideal to have).
Our ‘first documents’ package for employees priced at £200 plus VAT includes:
a job offer letter (which can be used for all employees)
a contract of employment (that can be used for all employees)
a Company Handbook personalised to your own business with the basic policies and procedures that you need. With a minimum of 70 pages. (If you require additional Policies that are not included as standard there will be an additional charge to write these policies for you – see the list of included policies below).
Or we can provide you with a personalised ‘first’ Company Handbook (only) for £150 plus VAT.
We are happy to send you the Index pages of our Standard Company Handbook so you can see what you will receive before purchasing, just let us know!.
To purchase either you can ‘buy’ them through the Paypal button here or e-mail us and we will send you an invoice (and of course answer any questions you may have). We will have several questions we will need to ask you to ensure the documents we provide are personalised to your business.
Talk to us about what you need! You can see our ‘hourly’ ad on People Per Hour here.
Use this contact form:
(To print out all the details of how The HR Kiosk can help you click this word document The-HR-Kiosk).
There is a long list of what Policies and Procedures you must legally have in place if you employ staff in the UK, or are advised to have in place as there are legal minimum requirements, and these include (all of which are included in our standard Company Handbook):
* Equal Opportunities (including Harassment and Bullying)
* Health and Safety Policy (you must have a policy in writing if you have 5 or more Workers)
* a Recruitment Policy
* Working Time Regulations – covering hours of work, rest breaks, holiday entitlement – we can advise you in detail if your industry/sector is covered by any exemptions under this legislation and what that will mean to your business in practice
* A Disciplinary and Grievance Procedure
* Anti-Bribery Policy and Whistle-Blowing Policy
* Pay policy
* Sickness policy
* Absence without leave
* Maternity, Adoption, Paternity Leave and Parental Leave
* Flexible Working Policy
* Leaving the Firm Policy (including notice periods, redundancy policy, working your notice, conditions of leaving)
* Expenses and Benefits Policy
* Data Protection Policy
* Expected Standards of Behaviour – this can include Conduct and Appearance, Telephone/Correspondence/Internet/E-mail usage, Confidentiality, Exclusivity of Service/Conflict of Interest, Copyright, Smoking and other Substances at work but will tailored to what you need.