The Human Resources Consultancy for SME’s in the UK creative industries
Welcome to The HR Kiosk – we help small businesses in the creative industries that do not have their own HR Manager, or larger companies that need specialist HR help, advice or cover for complicated problems and projects.
Our core of existing clients are from the creative sectors but we also work with clients from other sectors, including the services and professional sectors, UK and international charities.
Lesley Furber is the Lead Consultant at The HR Kiosk and she is here to help as Employment Law gets more complicated and penalties for non-compliance increase.
We are experienced at answering queries and solving your problems in plain English!
The HR Kiosk can offer you:
- Friendly, pragmatic advice and solutions for those awkward time-consuming staffing and freelancer problems, when you need it.
- Essential employment documents, tailored to your business, that keep you legally compliant!
- Flexible solutions for each business to suit your needs, culture and budget!
- a HR ‘helpline’ service for your managers and staff.
You need the HR Kiosk if:
- You are not sure of the most effective and legal way to employ staff or freelancers, including the impact of the Intermediaries legislation in 2014 and the October 2016 Uber ‘workers’ decision. You can see the HMRC Film, Television and Production Industry guidance here.
- You need help employing your first member of staff or want help with Recruitment (to keep within Equality Laws or need to know if or how you can rescind a job offer).
- You need employment documents but don’t know what type of contracts or policies you need. Read more details here. We can also help TV production companies comply with the BBC’s Programme Tendering process requirements.
- You need help interpreting the Working Time Regulations – hours, holiday entitlement, rest breaks – for your staff or freelancers. What will the implications of Brexit be here?
- You need help introducing Pension Auto-enrolment processes with the NEST pension scheme into your workforce
- You need to cut your workforce’s size, change their terms and conditions, fire someone, or come to an agreement for an employee to leave (a Settlement Agreement). See our Redundancy Advice page here.
- You need to deal with a complicated disciplinary, grievance or sickness situation (or need to understand how to calculate SSP for casual/zero-hour workers).
- You need help with maternity and paternity issues, Shared Parental Leave (from 5th April 2015) or flexible working requests (since June 2014 all employees are entitled to request this).
- Your employees or managers would benefit from an independant, confidential HR Helpline.
The HR Kiosk writes regular employment law related articles and gives limited free advice on the Crunch website – to read our latest articles and advice on Crunch click here and you can see the full list of our articles here.
E-mail The HR Kiosk here
Or use this contact form to get in touch with Lesley for a no-obligation conversation!